For centuries, people have sought out the wellness benefits of immersing themselves in water. Even going back to Roman times, when the Romans used their Baths. Today, we have our Hot Spring and Caldera spas. Our attraction to water continues to help us think and feel our best. Whether it’s to soothe aches and pains or calm a restless mind, the transformative effect of water is quite powerful. While incredibly simple to experience, the benefits of hot water immersion are often discounted or simply just unknown, but when discovered, the surprise is huge!
While soaking in warm water, the body experiences both psychological and mental changes. For example, as our circulation improves, we begin to think more clearly.
The next time you feel tired or stressed, try a 20-minute soak in warm water and take in the pure comfort of your hot tub.
Here are the top five ways a soak can help:
• Lower stress. It’s no secret that busy and demanding lifestyles can increase stress levels. Left unchecked, this can lead to heart disease and high blood pressure. Soaking in a hot tub allows you to escape from the day’s stressors for a while and helps you recover emotionally and maintain a positive outlook on life. You might even find that you’re better able to handle the day-to-day tasks easier than before!
• Build relationships. We are all aware of how relationships can fade over time and we often feel a need to reconnect. Taking our phones and other distracting devices out of the equation is the first step. Coming together in a hot tub is the next. Whether you have a teenager who has grown distant or you simply just yearn for some alone time with a spouse or loved one, a hot tub can be a great answer.
• Speed muscle recovery. Because of the buoyancy of the water, it lightens the load on our bones and muscles when we are in it. And with relaxing warmth added to the equation, buoyancy in a tub of water loosens muscles before a workout or soothes them afterward. This is great for relieving the tension most of us carry around every day, not just after exercise.
• Improve sleep. Sleep is super important for each and every one of us, and while you might get the required 7-8 hours each night, it’s the quality of sleep that is often overlooked. The Sleep Foundation recommends developing a relaxing routine before bed. Spending time in a hot tub or hot bath prior to going to sleep will help separate the day’s activities from the night of rest ahead. Most parents know this when raising an infant, and the same theory applies when we become adults. Studies even suggest that soaking in hot water can ease the transition into a deeper sleep by reducing tension and stress.
• Remove toxins. When you soak in warm water, your body temperature increases, causing blood vessels to dilate. This allows for improved circulation which brings in nutrients and oxygen while displacing toxins in areas of weaker blood flow. As your body regulates its internal temperature, the pores release moisture that carries away the internal chemical waste.
Thankfully, the benefits of water immersion don’t take long to achieve. A 20-minute soak can improve how you think and feel – that’s time well spent each and every day! And you’ll find that the effects are cumulative. If you commit to using your spa daily, you’ll start to notice continued increases in your energy levels and overall wellness.
Still looking for a spa for your home? Find your best hot tub match from among a variety of models. You’ll feel confident about your investment when you know you’re getting long-lasting premium quality, easy maintenance and operation, and even more of the amazing benefits than you were looking for. So why not start your journey right now? Request a personal price quote today!